I like to make this quesadilla for a fast, late-night dinner. The gooey melted cheese and the soft spinach make this a filling meal. I like to add chicken to my quesadilla if I have any, but I also like it with just the spinach and cheese.This makes for a great study break snack or quick, somewhat healthy dinner.
Cheese and spinach quesadilla
- 1 tbsp of butter, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican style cheese
- 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 flour tortillas
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add garlic and cook until garlic is golden brown. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted. Meanwhile, butter one side of each tortillas. Once spinach is done cooking, salt and pepper to taste and remove it from the pan. Set aside.
- Place one of the tortillas butter side down in the pan. Add the cheese and spinach on top of the tortilla, then place the other tortilla on top of the cheese and spinach buttered side up.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Then flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.
Post by: Logan